This site is owned and operated by Old Town Hypnotherapy Ltd. The Depression Fix is a programme owned and operated by Old Town Hypnotherapy. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us.
Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how we at Old Town Hypnotherapy Ltd use and protect the information that you provide when you use our services and our website
- It is our intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only
- used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
When you contact us via our website, phone or email we will collect your:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Nearest Branch
- Any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry.
What we do with this information
We use this information in order to make contact with you to discuss your requirements.
We may also use this information to improve our services and provide you with further information about our services or about well being in general. If you do not wish to receive information from us you can opt out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email.
If you choose to go ahead with an appointment we will use a form called an Initial Consultation form..
In the initial consultation document we will ask for
- Your name,
- address, telephone and email contact details so that we may contact you during the time we are working together.
- Your GP contact details and health information: there are some conditions which are contra-indicated for hypnotherapy.
- Your next of kin: this is used very rarely and only in emergency situations.
- In the course of our sessions we will make a note of information you provide to us in order that we can plan future sessions and produce scripts which will be used in session.
Online free products
When you respond to an offer for any free product you are also opting in to receive information about hypnotherapy and wellbeing, the weekly articles, product and marketing information. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email.
Products purchased online and online courses on sites belonging to Old Town Hypnotherapy
When you purchase any product online we may also send you information about related products. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email.
Depending on the online course you are taking, we may as for information relevant to your condition and can include:-
- What medication you’re taking
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from 25th May 2018 you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy)
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to email@example.com, the Data Processor. We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request)
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate changes
- the right to erasure (given the nature of our work we are required to hold our details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.)
- the right to restrict processing (we will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”. If in the therapist’s opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed, Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality
- the right to data portability: we will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent
- the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes).
We use a data processor for the purposes of administration (including appointment making) and accounts. The data processor is trained for GDPR purposes and fully compliant with the requirements.
Where sessions are conducted by Webcam, eg. Skype, Facetime, the sessions are recorded only for as long as it takes to write up the notes not taken contemporaneously. Once notes have been documented, the recording is deleted.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that we can analyse web traffic to our site. Through this we can see which of our website’s pages are being viewed and are of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this you may find you cannot make full use of our website.
Links to other websites
ICO Registration No: ZA054548
© 2017 EmmaJTriplett.com All content on this website is under copyright by EmmaJTriplett.com as an associate business of Old Town Hypnotherapy Ltd. All rights are reserved. No part of this content may be reproduced, shared or distributed in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without prior written permission from emmajtriplett.com